It has taken a long time to find a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. This is by far my favorite recipe to date. Cookies I have made in the past have had too much flour or too little. I have also found a happy medium where chocolate chips are concerned. I always thought my kids loved the chocolate chips only to find out 17 years later that she’s not a fan. My common sense solution is to set aside a dozen pre-scooped portions for my non-chocolate chip lover.
A couple of tools I have found useful in my cookie making process over the years has been my medium sized cookie dough scoop and parchment paper (easy cleanup) so you don’t have to bother scrubbing your cookie sheet afterwards.
Since all ovens are different I tend to go with the least amount of cook time and go from there. I have found that 10 minutes in the oven yield the perfect bake time. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- medium-sized cookie scoop
- cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- 1 Cup butter softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar unpacked
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until creamy in texture.
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop cookie dough on to sheets and bake for 10 minutes.