So, as I try to make this more of a reader friendly post, I’m realizing that simplifying my post is much more effective than writing some long drawn out one. To be honest, when I’m looking for a recipe on the internet which takes me to somebody’s blog, I’m the one who clicks on the “Jump to Recipe” button. To save you the trouble, all you have to do is finish reading this paragraph and you’re there. The overall family consensus was that they loved my take on the creamy potato soup and were sad when there wasn’t enough to go around the next day. Take heed and make more.
If you’d like more soup ideas. Click here.
Creamy Potato Soup
- 1 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 9 Cups milk
- 1 Cup half and half
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons salt
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 5 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 Cups cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 Cup sour cream
- 1 pound bacon cooked, crumbled
- Melt butter and stir in flour until smooth. Then slowly pour milk and half and half while continuously stirring.
- Mix in bouillon cubes and salt. Add potatoes. Keep on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add in cheese, sour cream and bacon. Ready to serve.